Suggestion - Making Mob Spawns Togglable Again

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by JackVibe12, Jan 10, 2017.

1. JackVibe12

JackVibe12 Mayor of Liberty
    Staff Member Administrator

Ingame Name: Jackson597
    What would you like changed?: The way mobs are being toggled in town, the ability to be able to toggle them again like we used to be able to.
    Why should it be changed?: Not sure how to start this sentence off really so I'm just going to try my best to explain it in the best way as I can. I believe it was better when we were able to toggle mobspawns in town because to be honest even though its always great to have a gamechanger like this and to be honest I don't really mind it myself a bit and also not sure why they were being forced on at the start of the map. But after a while mob spawning can get a bit annoying especially when your trying to plan things in your town and building things for example. Like for one instance the other day I was flattening land for the new warp deals and later came on minechat and someone in my town told me that 'I was in a field surrounded by creepers' and the amount of mobs that can spawn at a time can become too much to handle at times. I know it can be interesting but then after a while it can get quite annoying because the mob usage can triple to cause twice as many mobs to spawn, which may also cause issues with lag very occasssionally I believe, I think when we were able to toggle mob spawns it would make things a lot easier and would allow us to focus on a lot more things rather than having to watch out for mobs everytime.
    Things to be added?: N/A
    Why should it be added?: N/A
    Things to be removed?: N/A
    Why should it be removed?: N/A
    The server you are referring to: Towny

2. IshukRahl

IshukRahl Member
    Supreme

Everyone complaind about lack of mobs which was due to towny clearing them. Now they are toggled on, mob spawns have been great. Annoying a bit, yes. But great. The server doesn't need to be super easy. That pushes players away as much as it does if it is too hard.

Always log off with nothing in inventory or tp to safe location first.

3. Monopoly1015

Monopoly1015 #DoWork
    Supreme Retired Staff

Not providing an input here, but a solution for death.
    Depending on what version of minechat you have, it tells you your hunger and health. If you are loosing health in non PvP, a mob is attacking you. Log off or something.
    Have a sethome for safe afk. Whether ingame or on minechat you can tp there and know you are safe

4. Marco (MBKilla)

Supreme

I agree with Ishuk. Yes, mobs can get annoying, but that's what makes the game fun. Mobs are the one thing right now that actually makes towny "difficult" and removing that would remove the biggest challenge we have when expanding towns or whatever it is that we do.

5. xNoct

xNoct High Noon King
    Staff Member Server Owner

I agree with the above comments. This was implemented to be another daily task and worry. I like that it adds sort of an unsafe edge to Towny :/